It is the Government's aspiration that those who serve in the Armed Forces, whether Regular or Reserve, those who have served in the past, and their families, should face no disadvantage compared to other citizens in the provision of public and commercial services. Special consideration is appropriate in some cases, especially for those who have given most such as the families of the injured and the bereaved.
To support this project, a network of eight Mental Health Trusts has been established across the West Midlands region to support the identification and engagement of veterans into services. The Trusts identified are:
- South Staffordshire & Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Dudley & Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
- Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust
- Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Worcestershire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust
- 2gether NHS Foundation Trust
West Midlands Veterans Hub is a collaboration of eight NHS Mental Health service providers throughout the west Midlands region. In each area there will be a Veteran's Champion who will co-ordinate, oversee and promote the mental health care of veterans, linking in with existing teams to provide efficient and appropriate care for veterans and their families.
South Staffordshire & Shropshire is the project lead for the West Midlands Network, working alongside 3rd sector organisation Combat Stress and social enterprise CHANGES in developing an inclusive programme for our veterans..